I'm going to be heading to Kazakhstan in a couple of weeks and similar to when I was in Guatemala, I'm not sure of what my Internet access situation will be. Since the last guest blogging contest was such a success (I got way more entries than I anticipated) I thought I would do it again. And like last time, one of my favorite vednors is sponsoring the contest. I bring you the Birdorable Guest Blogging Contest–you could be a writer for my blog! If you already have a blog and would like to get a larger readership, this is an opportunity to show off your content to my readers. If you’re not sure you can do a blog but have an adventure to share, I have a great audience willing to read it.
You can submit a blog entry for my blog. Non Birding Bill and I will read through them and select 10 entries that we feel fit the theme of my blog and well, just ones that we find interesting. We will post one blog entry a day while I’m gone (it will be ten days starting on May 8, 2009). If your blog entry is one of the ten published, you win (from one of my favorite bird designers, Birdorable):
One of my favorites: the Tough Titmice Magnet. After the ten entries are up, readers can vote for their favorite finalist, and the blog entry with the most votes wins:
a Birdorable Spotting Scope shirt! The shirt shows a red-cockaded woodpecker perched on the scope, but they said the winner can choose the bird species. So, if you would prefer something like a Cooper's hawk, cardinal, or shag, they've got you covered.
Do check out Birdorable's line of product--they've got some cool stuff (excellent ideas for Mother's Day or birthdays).
1. ANYONE CAN ENTER: If you already have a blog you can enter. If you have never blogged at all, you can still enter. If you do already have a blog and your entry gets selected, I will link back to your site with your entry.
2. BLOG ENTRY MUST FIT THEME OF THIS BLOG: I’m not going to say that you have to write about wild birds for the contest, but do keep in mind what the themes for my blog are - mostly wild bird related (watching, feeding, rehabbing, banding) with some pet rabbits, other wildlife, and honey bees. NBB and I will choose blog entries that are not only great, but fit in the overall theme of this blog. Our decision is final.
3. Content must be emailed to birdchick at gmail dot com by May 7th at 5 p.m. CST. It can include text, photos (web appropriate size) and links to videos. We may not proof read so if you your entry has typos, chances are good it’ll go up that way. Make it look good before we get it. You, obviously, agree to let us post your material in the blog by sending it to us.
4. The email entry with your blog submission MUST include your full name and mailing address. These will not be published in the blog entry, but we need them for the prizes. Also, be sure to include how you would like to be credited in the blog entry. Do you prefer that we put up your actual name or your user name and a link to your website.
5. Content must be original–your own content that you wrote. If you have a blog and you want to recycle and old blog entry from your own blog, that is your choice. If it is discovered that you use someone else’s content without credit or pass off someone else’s photos as your own, not only will you be disqualified, but it will be blogged. One entry per person.
6. If you submitted an entry for the last contest and it didn't get selected, you are welcome to submit the same entry. If you entered the previous contest and you were a finalist, you ARE eligible to submit a new entry. There are no guarantees.
7. Shameless pandering for people to vote for your entry will be deleted if it gets selected, so just don't start.