Sometimes I wonder about the many memes that ask for facts about bloggers--is there anything we don't already share with our readers? But I got tagged by Schmoker for Eight Random Facts:
Here are the rules for Eight Random Facts:
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
And here are the eight random facts:
1. From about seventh grade to my sophomore year, I had a massive crush on David Copperfield. Note the above photo. This was taken in Indianapolis in the late '80s, I can't believe he had bigger hair than me.
2. I'm the youngest of eight children, I have five sisters and two brothers.
3. To help make ends meet when I was in college, I was a nude art model for the university's art department.
4. I can hang a fork from my nose.
5. When I have time, I love to make candles or do Sumi-e.
6. The first play I ever wrote has a character who speaks in nothing but Barry Manilow lyrics.
7. I was in a Jesse Ventura commercial about Minnesota colleges while he was governor of Minnesota.
8. When I get really stressed out, I imagine what life would be like if I were Father Dougal MacGuire from the Father Ted series. It really relaxes me. Here's a sampling of Dougal from You Tube:
And now I have to tag eight bloggers: